January 11

Blog #9 – Reflection

Today, I spent the block reflecting on the plan that I made a couple of months ago. Like I said I would do, I started with a simple but difficult kick, which was the Tordnado kick. I managed to be successful, so I followed my plan once again and I made my way up on the difficulty scale when I moved onto the Cheat 900/720. However, in my plan, I repeatedly say that if I feel as though I have accomplished my goal, I’ll move on to something else. It seems as though I was a tad bit overconfident about how much time it would actually require to learn and successfully do these kicks. Though, that is not a problem, because if I continue working on the kick again and again over the next 5 weeks, I am hoping that I will be successful in the end. As for all the steps I promised I would take, I think I’ve done all of them. I have a nice, big open space to practice and I record my kicks (yes, even the fails). Although, I must admit, some weeks I was either lazy or busy, and I didn’t practice my kicks as much as I hoped to. But I am happy to say that that happened much less than I thought it would, and I managed to fulfill this promise as well. I also have some good news on how doing this Genius Hour is going to help me! However, I’ll be sharing that news at the very end of Genius Hour. Also, for the rest of the week, I will be practicing the Cheat 900/720 (not recorded.)

See you next blog!

Posted January 11, 2023 by shreyaott22 in category Uncategorized