June 7

Blog #11 – New and Improved Butter Chicken!

Hi! This week is the final week of Genius Hour! I think that I have improved tons, and I have also helped my mom out in the kitchen way more. I’m really glad I chose cooking as my Genius Hour project! Since it is the last week, I am making butter chicken again. However, I’ll be using my expert’s tips to make it better!

(Same recipe as last week.)

This dish was really, really good! Using my expert’s tips, I made the butter chicken as best as it gets! It was everything I wanted: creamy, smooth, and delicious. Firstly, I made sure I marinated the chicken overnight so that the spices had time to soak in. However, per his suggestion, I marinated it with yogurt as well. To fix the problem I had with the tart flavour of the crushed tomatoes, I added tons of heavy cream and yogurt! This seemed to definitely work, as it wasn’t as tart as before. Additionally, I made sure to add a lot (and I mean a lot) of sugar. This actually helped balance the flavour of the crushed tomatoes too! Last but not least, the problem I had with all the chunks in the sauce. I blended the sauce with an actual (and not handheld) blender this time. This did the trick, and I was left with a creamy, smooth sauce. I think it was way better not having to chew pieces of garlic and onion like I had to last time. Overall, the tips my expert gave me were super helpful, and I’m grateful I was able to reach out to him! I’m pretty proud of this dish, and I’m excited to showcase my success (and failures..) in my final presentation!!

Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PIZL8Edx-oCf7P0GmB4CKW7zK6ldv267/view?usp=sharing

Posted June 7, 2023 by shreyaott22 in category Uncategorized