October 27

All About Me

Hello! My name is Shreya, and I’m a Grade 8 Jr. High student. In this paragraph, I will introduce myself to you! To begin, I’ll share my hobbies and interests. Taekwondo is a sport/hobby I thoroughly enjoy. I’ve been doing Taekwondo since I was only seven years old (2016)! Currently, I am on my Red Belt, and I’m close to accomplishing my goal of earning my Black Belt! I am very passionate about Taekwondo, and I hope I always will be, as I have worked diligently to be where I am right now. Other sports I enjoy are volleyball, basketball, soccer, and occasionally badminton. Other things I like are reading, animals, and long walks. Moving onto culture and origins, I am originally from Nepal, something I pride myself on. It is a beautiful country with wonderful people, fantastic festivals, and rich culture. Recently, we celebrated Tihar, the festival of lights. I’ve talked enough about myself. Let’s move on to my ideas for my final project!

I have two ideas that I have been reviewing, cake baking and learning advanced Taekwondo kicks. However, I have finally settled on which one I want to pursue. Cake baking is very unique and exciting, but it requires a lot of patience and money. Additionally, I do not feel as strong of a pull to cake baking. Firstly, Taekwondo is something that I already have background knowledge on. Also, learning advanced kicks would actually benefit me, because in my upcoming belt tests, there is a high likelihood of having to do advanced kicks. Adding on, I feel as though learning these new kicks will encourage me to work harder in Taekwondo. Finally, I have been wanting to get better at Taekwondo, because despite doing it for half my life, for the past few years, I don’t feel as though I’ve made much progress in terms of skill. So, that concludes what I will be doing for my genius hour and why!

Posted October 27, 2022 by shreyaott22 in category Uncategorized