November 23

Blog #5 – Tornado Kick

For today’s blog, I spent 30 minutes just practicing the tornado kick over and over again. Once again, I’ve linked a video compilation of a couple of my tries. I am surprised to say that this kick was a lot harder than I thought it’d be. It’s just a jumping turning kick (a super basic kick that I learned years ago), but in order to do it, you need to be able to get the right momentum and power. Getting my knee higher was still a problem, but today the problem got a little bit better, and some of my attempts at the tornado kicks were actually somewhat good. I think that I need to take this whole process a bit slower. I need to perfect the swing that leads into the kick first, and then only once I’ve got that mastered should I put it all together. These are some reflections I have made that are going to be useful for next blog.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K4lonGjdQj3duvk5qgKJ8_xVLFyYS79L/view?usp=sharing

See you next blog!

Posted November 23, 2022 by shreyaott22 in category Uncategorized

2 thoughts on “Blog #5 – Tornado Kick

1. rachelott22

That’s so great! It looks really good, I could see you improve throughout the video! What were some other ways you gained momentum? What are you going to learn next week?

Reply
    1. shreyaott22 (Post author)

Thanks so much Rachel!! I gained momentum by spinning a bit faster and lifting my knee up later so that all my power would go into the kick and not the spin. This week I’m taking the kick step by step so that I can do even better, because I still want to improve more. 🙂

Reply