November 16

Blog #4 – The Basics

In today’s genius hour block I began with practicing my basic Taekwondo kicks. These kicks include front kick, hammer kick, turning kick, side pressing kick, hooking kick, and back kick. Below, I’ve linked a video that has me doing all of these beginner kicks, because to do something hard, I need to get good at the basics. I watched some YouTube videos on these basic kicks to see if I could improve my form and technique. In the same video, I added myself trying out the tornado kick for the first time(s).

I tried the kick a couple of times, and I noticed that in order for me to successfully do this kick, my knee needs to be raised a little higher in order for my kick to be high as well. My current kick is low, because getting your knee up high is harder than it seems. Especially when you have to spin while doing it. Next blog, I will take these observations and judgments into consideration and apply the feedback to my new attempts at this advanced kick.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KpqAOSvJDbm6a4iAcrbswXsM7h_NbCKK/view?usp=sharing

Thank you for your time, and see you next blog!

Posted November 16, 2022 by shreyaott22 in category Uncategorized